Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ran The Race Course Yesterday

I ran 6.56 miles yesterday. I did this one in two parts. First, I ran the course of the race. I ran approximately 3.22 miles. It took 31:18. Tom and I took Molly with us and she had another agenda (Oh that Molly!). After I returned home, I ran the rest for exercise on my 3 mile course outside my house. My 1 mile lap times were:
Lap 1 - 10:01
Lap 2 - 10:05
Lap 3 - 11:11 (includes end of course run)

Lap 4 - 9:46
Lap 5 - 10:13
Lap 6 - 10:12
Lap 7 - 10:44

Ran The Race Course Yesterday
The course for the race is interesting. It is on sidewalk and the recreation path that runs along the Highline Canal in Littleton southwest of Denver. As Tom and I ran, he complimented me on my ability to talk and breathe as we ran, especially as we neared the end. I found the end interesting, as it becomes a downhill run to the finish.

I will have to run inside today as I woke up to rain. The sun is shining now, but the ground is soaked. Hello treadmill!

Should be interesting on Saturday, May 12th. I am looking forward to it. 5 days to go!

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Ready for anything - that's my friend!!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I can feel your excitement as the race nears.

You are going to have a fantastic race!

5 more days. 5! More! Days!

6:27 PM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

I can't wait to read how you do.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

You will do great!! I am excited for you and your first running race.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Charles, good luck on the race. I know you will do great. Just remember that since it's your first, no matter what your time is, you'll run a personal best!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home