Friday, April 27, 2007

Einstein, after all

Yesterday, I ran 6.2 miles. It took 70 minutes and expended 1020 calories.
Today, I ran 5.5 miles. It took 61 minutes and expended 903 calories.

Einstein, after all
Denver and Colorado is well known for the weather (isn't every place every where, though?) This week we had torrential rain and snow. It was 24 hours or so then it was over. Today is beautiful. I am planning on going outside soon.

One thing that I really like about the treadmill is the information that it offers. At the press of a button or two I can get all kinds of information. I'd like to get that same information as I run outside. I have used a Garmin eTrex Venture in the past. It does great, but... It is a handheld unit. It often loses satellite reception. Information is available but can be misleading.

I am looking for a runner's gps unit now. I have done some research and asked friends what they use. I beleive that I will be getting the Garmin Forerunner 205. I will probably get it at a local running store. Got to support those who support us!

As Tigger would say, "TTFN!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

Charles, I got a Garmin 205 for Christmas and love it. Download the program Sporttraks to use with it. Colorado is a pretty amazing place to run!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I just adore my Garmin. I can't imagine running and NOT getting the stats!

6:47 AM  
Blogger nylisa said...

I have to say, this is such a motivating and inspirational running journal. It's awesome! Keep running!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Charlie,

You took advantage of the $50 rebate, right?

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home