Thursday, April 12, 2007

Coaches

Business first - I ran 6.50 miles today.

What is a coach? A coach can be a private tutor, or one who instructs or trains. they can also be a Mentor - a trusted counselor or guide.

My question is - Are you a coach? Sometimes it is because you care for another person. Sometimes it is because they are faltering and need some help. Sometimes it is because you feel that the other person may need some help.

I totally support coaches and the (sometimes) subtle ways that they work. It has been my experience that sometimes these people don't even know that they are a coach.

When I go to public places, people come up to me and say hi. I may or may not remember them, but they have remembered me. I was an active manager at one time. I worked at making each and everyone of the people assigned to me succeed. If they succeeded than I succeeded. It was more than that, though, as I also wanted them to succeed as people and in everything that they did. Many appreciated that and when they see me, made sure that they come up and talk to me.

I would like to thank some of the people that I feel are my coaches. These people are -

Tom. My best friend for as long as I can remember. He pushes me to acheive and to end my evil ways (even if they are in his imagination). Tom is a lot of the reason that I started this life changing series of events.

Susan. Met her through a podcast group. I respect her due to her striving to improve and through her own improvement pushes others to succeed like she has. Susan is the reason that I am writing this blog.

Ron. A Yahoo Group leader that really helped to make a difference in my life healthwise.

Thanks for helping me and pushing me.

If you are following the same path that I have taken in getting healthy, look for and encourage your peers to act as a coach when you need it. It can make all of the difference in the world.

But now, reader, ask yourself... Who are the coaches in your life that made a difference?

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I am now enjoying that show thanks to you!

Check out: http://run-mrjwhit.blogspot.com/

3:28 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I enjoyed your thoughts. You are so on point with how people can be a positive part of our lives. Enjoy the snow.

8:42 PM  
Blogger southtj said...

Nice blog, I like your taste in blogger profiles. I'm a biker not a runner but I like your site.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Well shucks! Thank you, Charlie. I really appreciate your kind words. Before I saw my name, I was thinking "I might be kind of a coach to some people, possibly." Your words made me feel GREAT! I think anyone who positively influences someone can be seen as a coach. So you are one of mine!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home