Friday, March 30, 2007

After the Doctor...


I had a week to think and act. I knew how to start the diet and did immediately. I started to walk Molly (my Australian Shepard dog) faster and faster during that week.

I also entered a blue funk. Heaven help those around me and close to me. Even though it wasn't their fault, they had to deal with me.

There were cookies that first night and I blew up at the lack of perceived support for me. It was extremely selfish of me. I knew that I had to get my head on straight and just do it.

I sat down to the computer and wrote an spreadsheet program to track the information for my diet. It tracked what the food was as well as salt, fat, carbohydrate and protein. It was somewhat cumbersome, but did the job. It required me to look at my diet.

I also tracked the exercise according to what the activity was and how long I did and approximated the calorie usage.

I dragged the old treadmill out of storage and set it up.

I was starting to prepare to change my life.

I thought I was ready for the next medical visit...