Monday, April 09, 2007

2007! Last week and a Jeep "Run"...

I am a participant in "The Tinkoff 1,000." It is a voluntary commitment, a resolution, to run at least 1,000 miles in 2007. As of today, I have completed 600 miles of that commitment.

Saturday, I ran 8 miles. Sunday, I ran 6 miles. Last week (Sunday through Saturday), I ran 46 miles.

Impressive? Maybe. I run to exercise. That is still my goal. We will see what happens this week.

I was supposed to attend a Jeep trail run on Saturday. When I woke on Saturday morning, it was snowing. I did not go. I would put that off until Sunday and do a longer run. When I woke up Sunday morning, it was snowing even harder and was very cold!

What the heck, though; I took the Mighty YJ out to try a trail. I had installed a brand new ARB locker into the new Ford 8.8 rear axle and wanted to try both of them out. I am leaving for an annual pilgrimage to Moab beginning next Saturday. I wanted to make sure that the Mighty YJ could do what I was about to put it through, so I headed up to a mountain gambling town known as Central City. I don't gamble much, but there is a great set of mountain trails above the city.



When I go on these trail runs, I usually run along side. It allows me to do some photography and talk to other drivers and exercise. Needless to say, I went a little ahead (mostly to direct the Jeep over the snowladen trail) but it was not a day to run the trail.



The man in denim is myself. The group was in the middle of winching the Toyota truck away from the tree line. We use a synthetic rope as opposed to a metal cable with a safety thimble instead of a hook on the end. It makes for a safer setup that you can stand close to without fear of a cable snapping and hurting you. Notice that the setup is pulling the back end of the Toyota out and onto the trail.

It was a fun time. Afterward, I went back to town and ate entirely too much for the Easter dinner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Well aren't I impressed! Holy cow - running up a mountain. It all looks so very "Colorado," if you ask me! Ha. Seriously - great photos. And your prfoile photo - WOW - the incredible shrinking Charlie!!!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home