Friday, April 06, 2007

Why is a podcast like a community?

I "talk" to people everyday that I have never met. That is a good thing!

How is it that I can do that? Through podcasting!

Podcasting is a true grass roots phenomenon. These are people that feel so strongly, that have such personal conviction, that they HAVE to share what they beleive with others. They do that by podcasting.

There are some slick, high cost productions out there in podcasting. There are also little guys that podcast. I've listened to them both. I much prefer the little guy.

I've told of my love for coffee. There are podcasts for home roasting. I am also an IT guy at my office. There are podcasts for that. I needed to lose weight and get my butt in gear! I sought out podcasts for that!

Through those podcasts, you have the ability to meet others that listen to the same podcasts that you listen to. They share the same interests and desires. Everyone needs a support group. You can develop one of your own or step into one that is ready-made for you. You can even do a podcast yourself!

On the "Dreadmill," I started to listen to Health and running podcasts. That assisted me in developing a desire to run and eat healthy. I continue to develop like-minded support through these groups.

One such small podcast is known as, "A Dieter's Life." You can find it on iTunes. I like the podcast and the core group of people that listen to it. If you need to develop a healthy diet or listen to others that have gone through what I am explaining you might listen, then join in on the discussion.

Starting next time, I'll talk more about how and how much I run.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

YES!!!!! You know, A Dieter's Life was the first podcast I ever discovered. I honestly can not imagine my life without podcasts now. It has changed! I don't think I would have ever gotten back into running - to be honest. After the "first year of marriage turned weight gain" set in, I would have fought it at a much less effective rate, I bet, without podcasts, which turned into me training for the Worldwide Half Marathon - and the rest is history! I have just celebrated my second anniversary (as you know) and weigh less than BEFORE the wedding. In fact, I weigh less (a few pounds) than BEFORE I met my husband. Yay!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home