Monday, April 02, 2007

The Physician's Assistant

The week had passed. I returned to the Doctor's office. I took my room mate along with me. After all, it would be his commitment as well as mine (I do the cooking at the household).

I was given diet handouts explaining what the requirements of the diet entailed. There were menus for 2 weeks included. It would not be easy and I would have to plan out what to eat and how to balance my diet to make it work. Much less fatty ingredients, flours and sugars. Lower the amount of caffeine.

I am a home roaster of coffee. Nothings tastes as good to me as a cup of coffee. I have a home roaster that allows me to roast the green coffee beans for the taste that I like. I buy the green beans bulk and then roast them as I need them. Once upon a time in the USA every household rosted beans.

I also like ice cream. I grew up on it and have always liked it.

So, when the discussion got down to what would be allowed and what would not, those two items were on the list of have nots. I told the PA that we roast Arabic beans and not Robusta. The caffeine is definitely much lower in my home roasts. She consented to it, but very reluctantly. I would have to prove it to her. She said that the ice cream could be allowed but I would have to fit it into the diet under the parameters of the diet.

I would get one "Free" day every week for exercise. I would not have to exercise that day. The day was up to me but only one day per week.

I was also given one "Free" meal per week. I could eat what I wanted for that one free meal. I shouldn't go overboard, but there has to be some freedom in a diet like I was handed.

It was suggested that I go out and buy a "Calorie Counter" book. I was to record what I ate every day and the exercise that I engaged in.

Now it was up to me!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Thank goodness I can now comment.

I am enjoying this journey tremendously. I especially appreciate it since I know the individual you are NOW.

12:39 PM  
Blogger CewTwo said...

Thanks, Susan.

There is something liberating about having your own blog. I can see that now!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home