Monday, April 23, 2007

Zen or Einstein?

Last week I ran 35 approximate miles. I have run 666 miles (as of this morning) toward my participation in the Tinkoff 1,000.



I am firmly of the philosophy that most runners fit into 2 categories. They are either an Einsten or a Zen runner. An Einstein runner records stats - What those stats are is completely up to the individual runner. A Zen runner runs for the freedom of running. Most of the time, I am an Einstein runner. Last week, I was a Zen runner.

I have never been so impressed with my own ability as I was last week. Mornings were cool, but each day heated up enough to make for a comfortable run. It is almost a religious feeling as you run along unencumbered. Even though I was in the middle of nowhere, I did not need to carry anything as my shuttle service was either immediately just ahead or just behind.



I hope that I can maintain my physical maintenance so I can do this again next year. This last week was one of the major events of my life. I truly enjoyed it!


The Behind The Rocks trail is a long one. 14 miles for the trail and another 14 or so for the return road to the highway. The scenery on this trail was amazing. This was one of my favorite runs last week.

On our way out, there was a sandstorm. An extremely interesting place to visit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Holy cow, Charlie! You'll be running a full marathon in no time! The scenery looks gorgeous. What a grand vacation you had! Most people return from vacations complaining about how they ate too much and spent too much money. Not you, I bet!

6:31 PM  
Blogger CewTwo said...

Well, I am compalining about the cost of food and ldging, but actually, it was all worth it.

It was a grand vacation. Even the Jeep performed extremely well considering all the new parts and the difficult terrain it had to negotiate!

I am running the second world-wide half marathon for sure... Cory gave me an idea for a route...

Charlie

6:52 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

The pictures are beautiful!

I am a total Einstien

www.breakingthetape.com

As soon as I'm done, I'm tracking it!

666 on the year? Wow!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home