Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Outside Running has its Ups & Downs!

Today I ran outside for 6.5 miles. It took me 1 hour 13 minutes 56 seconds. This is the map of my run for today -













These are my laps -
Lap 1 - 9:09
Lap 2 - 20:58
Lap 3 - 32:50
Lap 4 - 44:21
Lap 5 - 56:00
Lap 6 - 1:07:42
Lap 7 - 1:13:58

Someday, I will learn how to read the forerunner better.

Outside Running has its Ups & Downs

Running outside has me developing some new (and different) muscle groups. I find it very interesting, but I can get into a 'Zen' type of run. I am running and enjoying it, but my times are not wonderful. I have to concentrate to improve the time.

The area around my house has a lot of fairly steep inclines. Somtimes I hear my Father whispering to me that not only did he have to walk to school, but it was uphill in both directions. I feel like that now...

The other very important thing is to ensure that there is a restroom somewhere along your route. That can be a hard lesson to learn.

I am looking at a 5K this month. It will be my first and I will get you more information on it later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Restrooms are your friends! I think my "bad experience" was on December 18th...

12:00 PM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

Take the time and read the Garmin book. Also play with the Forerunner when you're not using it. Maybe use it while you drive to work. That's how I found all the tricks and quirks with my Forerunner.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I'm looking forward to hearing the details of your upcoming 5k!

You've had quite a couple of days - New shoes, New Forerunner!

Keep it up. You're awesome!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Charles, I grew up in your neck of the woods. I have spent many miles on the South Platte River Trail near there. Try it you will like it. Also, try the highline canal trail. Beautiful run! Cannot wait to hear about your 5K.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home