Wednesday, May 02, 2007

5K Race Preparation...

Today, I ran 5.55 miles. It took me 59:59. My average lap was 10:31.

My lap times were -
Lap 1 - 8:59
Lap 2 - 10:17
Lap 3 - 10:51
Lap 4 - 10:39
Lap 5 - 11:13

Thanks to MrJWhit (http://run-mrjwhit.blogspot.com/) for your guidance with the Forerunner. A little play time was all that I needed to get better. That is what I like about the online running community. When I ask a question or for help, I am taught to fish, not given a fish. Thanks for that.

5K Race Preparation
I have signed up for the 26th Annual Highline Canal 5K Run. It will happen on May 12th @ 9:00 AM in the morning. I am (obviously) into personal exercise and recreation so I thought that this run would be a good one for me. I am also familiar with the Highline Canal and the South Suburban Parks and Recreation District (this 5K Run benefits their youth programs). So, this is the run that I thought would be a good first race.

I would like to finish it in 30 minutes. I don't think that it will be a problem. I do beleive that I will be setting a personal record (hehehe).

I have read some articles about the first race and what to do. Get there early and observe. I plan on doing that. I am so looking forward to this race.

I would appreciate it if you have any tips for attending a race. Especially those regarding attending the first race ever and how to experience it to the max.

Plans and acknowledgements!
1. Thanks to Adam Tinkoff and his referral to my humble blog. Please go to his new website at www.thezenrunner.com, The Burning Twenty site served the initial purpose and now he is moving onward and upward. I appreciate the reference, but my blog is just an amateur runner stating his thoughts!
2. Feet, corns and running shoes
3. The initial medical test results after 6 months of running

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

YAY Charlie!

OK, here is my only advice:
Don't go out too quickly. Try to maintain a steady pace.
Get there early to get a good parking spot.
ENJOY yourself!

2:26 PM  
Blogger CewTwo said...

I have to get there early. The 10K starts at 8:00 AM. My 5K starts at 9:00 AM.

I am so ready for this!

I am getting used to the Forerunner now and am working at a comfortable pace target.

I am even beginning to understand all of these terms that my fellow runners use!

It is so scary!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home