Thursday, May 10, 2007

Einstein Workout and a Zen Zone Out...

I ran in two parts again. The first part was a 5K run for time. I completed it in 28:28:35. My lap times were:
L 1 – 8:49
L 2 – 9:18
L 3 – 9:26
L 4 – 0:53

My second run was for exercise. I ran a total of 6.5 miles. My times were:
L 5 – 12:10
L 6 – 12:11
L 7 – 11:40
L 8 – 4:45
For a total of 1:09:06 Total


The Einstein Workout
I wanted to run a 5K trial again this morning. I think that I did pretty well. I do have to keep in mind that I need to set a more accurate pace than I am. Lap # 1 was fast. I need to monitor my pace a little better. Overall, I am pleased, though.

I will not run tomorrow. I have been advised that tomorrow is a day of rest for my physical and mental self. I just hope it is not more time to contemplate the upcoming race.


The Zen Zone Out
I wanted to run my usual Thursday 6 ½ miles. The second half today was for my Zen Zone. I wanted to set a comfortable pace and just run. Most days that I run, I design my blog for that day while I run. This is the comfort and health period that I cherish so.

Nothing remarkable to note today. Just this – 2 days to go to my first 5K race.

As the kids might say on the family car vacation, “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”

I can’t wait!

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I wish it was here! I really do! I am so very excited for you. You are speedy, man!

Here are my upcoming goals, FYI:

5/26 Soldier Field 10 Mile race, week of rest

some sort of speed training for... 6/23 Brickfest 5K, week of rest

two weeks of zen running

7/16 marathon training will likely begin!!!! (shh - it is a secret)

3:44 PM  
Blogger CewTwo said...

Just remember that registration for the WorldWide Half Marathon starts on June 1st! I will definitely be signing up for it this year!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Remember, no matter how much you want to run tomorrow, don't. Take a day of rest and then kick butt for the race.

9:16 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Just saw on Susan's blog comments that you were running your first 5K this weekend. Best of luck and remember not to run that first mile too fast. I did on my first and only 5K and found that 3.1 miles is a really long ways!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home