Tuesday, May 08, 2007

4 Days To Go

Yesterday, I ran 6 miles on the Dreadmill. Today, I committed a random run. Just a general destination idea but no real means of getting there. Lots of hills. There is a leash free park about 2 miles from my house. I ran to it then around it and took a circuitous route back home.

My 1 mile lap times were:
L 1 - 9:03
L 2 - 10:35
L 3 - 10:39
L 4 - 10:40
L 5 - 11:31
L 6 - 11:03
L 7 - 7:41
Overall time was 01:11:14

4 Days To Go
What can I say to go with that? One of my co-workers is also planning on running the 5K on Saturday. He is pretty competitive, where I am generally not. He is as pumped as I am.

I am not a social creature. I am not a party hardy kind of guy. I like the quiet life. People have suggested to me that I run the Bolder Boulder. Not yet! The thought of sharing Boulder with 30,000 people does not seem like fun to me.

That's why the 5K race on Saturday is important to me. See if I'll like the heavy people situation. We'll see!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

You know, I think you WILL like the people situation!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I agree with Susan! Think about it... They're all runners!

You'll love it and you'll do great!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I've run some huge races, like The Peachtree 10k in Atlanta (55,000 people) and trust me, you somehow absorb all the excitement of your fellow runners! Give it a shot. I think you will be surprised!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home