Friday, May 11, 2007

1 Day... To My 1st 5K!

I did not run today. It is a day of rest both physically and mentally.

I have a friend that mows the lawn over at the office. He is about 16 years old. Often, his Father comes over with him. They were hard at work last night when I went out to greet them. We talked for a while, then I had to go back to my work. I turned around before I entered the building, went back to them and told them that this 54 year old guy was going to run his first 5K Saturday morning (In 2 days I run). The Father looked at me and congratulated me. The son was much simpler. He looked at me, put his open palm in the air and just said, "High five me!" I did.

Sometimes the simplest affirmation can mean more than anything else...

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I am sending you a virtual high five from Arkansas!!!

I'm so proud to know you. I'll be there in spirit with you tomorrow!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Irish Blue said...

Can't wait to hear about your race! Good luck tomorrow!

6:25 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

good luck! im sure you'll love the experience

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home