Wednesday, May 14, 2008

4 Days To Go...

This is it! The Colorado Colfax Half-Marathon!

(From the website - http://www.coloradocolfaxmarathon.org/portal/)

I’ll be running it at the very early hour of 6:00AM. Remember that I am a swing shifter and, yes – 6:00 AM is extremely early for me!

I’m on the taper now. 2.50 miles tomorrow. 1.50 or so on Friday. Saturday is a rest/psyche up day (I will have to go get the race packetand see what the Expo offers). Sunday morning is the race.

This is a fairly good-sized race in the 3rd or 4th year. There were 2,000 participants in last year’s race. An email returned to me after I asked for the number of registrants told me, “Registration amounts have exceeded last year.”

I think it will be interesting!

I am debating whether or not to carry a camera with me! After all, I will be carrying some foldable cash, some Cliff’s shot blocks and there is room for other. I will not carry a cell this time.

What? Oh that. I anticipate bringing it in under 2:30. I really just want the finisher’s medal!

ASIDE –
Thanks everyone for your support! What a great group of friends and fellow bloggers! When you feel that life kicks you in the (well, you know what I mean…) then you can get back up, look it right in the eye and say, “No ifs, ands or butts, please!”

[Did I spell that correctly?]

5 Comments:

Blogger Alberto said...

Enjoy it and have fun! Resting the days before is crucial!

5:38 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Good luck! And rest up. You'll have a great race.

Just finish..is this the same guy who did the post after the 10k?? :) Nah.. We want a PR!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Alberto said...

Thanks for dropping by in my running blog! I am sorry that one is written in Italian... it's because I wanted to make it more focused on my city-region.
I am really glad you want to link me from here! I have really MANY blogs, you decide which one you wish to link lol. Anyways stemcellgeek.blogspot.com really functions as my homepage, a crossway to all my blogs and internet life!
I am really really gratefull I got in touch with you as well as with Adam and Dr. Monte, you are really changing the way I perceive priorities and training.

Yesterday I ran for 1 h and 30 mins! For me it's just incredible!!! Ciao!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Personally, I say no camera. There's no time for photography when you're trying to burn up the course!

That said, I may take a camera when I do a 4-mile race through the Memphis Zoo next week. I'll be walking, primarily, and will have time to snap the animals!

Go Charlie go!

8:39 AM  
Blogger LIrunner9 said...

Good Luck Charlie. I know you'll do great!!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home