Friday, May 09, 2008

Nervous... Nervous...

My first ever 10K race tomorrow...

I've trained for it. I know I am ready. I really want to run it under an hour. As I am human, the nearer to race time I get the less confidence I have. Why is that?
This is a community fun run. The same venue that last year I ran my first 5K in. That was a lot of fun.

My (umm... err...) coach (Tom, my friend) wants me to give it my all. He states adamantly again and again (and again and again) that it is a competition and that he expects me to bring it in under an hour. I suspect that he is trying to fire me up and get me ready.

I do look at it as a competition. I will give it my all. But I also look at these things as social networking. Getting to talk to other runners and compare notes.

Oh well... We'll see how I do. I'll post a race report sometime this weekend!


Last year - I'm #319. Tom (who for some reason elected not to run this year) is next to me (#320).

8 Comments:

Blogger Irish Blue said...

Charlie, good luck! I get the same way before a race. I have a half marathon next weekend and I'm a wreck! You're going to get your PR, I know it. Hey, anything is a PR if it's your first 10K, right?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

What a great morning you will have! However long it takes you, you are a winner ... just for being out there.
Enjoy; best wishes.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Alberto said...

Hey, good luck for this 10K! Will all the kms you run every week you have all the possibilities to run under 1 h, even much more less!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh Charlie! I hope it went well today! :)

5:14 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Good luck Charlie, and congrats on your PR!

My first 10K was over 50 minutes (50:01). Just gave me something else to shoot for (breaking 50).

8:04 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I hope it went well Charlie!

Looking forward to the report!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

looking forward to the race report!

8:03 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Charlie.. I hope the race went well! Looking fwd to your report.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home