Monday, April 28, 2008

Running on (and on) (and on)...

Running?
I ran 31.10 miles last week. I started the week with a 10.22 mile long run last Sunday.
Yesterday, I ran 13.64 miles. I ran the Platte River recreation path again. This time I ran to the North. There is one section between Mississippi and Exposition Avenues (at Vanderbilt Park) where homeless people congregate on the path. They are never negative or hostile. I always greet them as I run or ride by.

I ran up to the (locked gate) of the Denver Water Board building. I turned around and headed back.
Today, I ran my sore muscles for 3.14 miles at a slow pace.

3 weeks to my first half-marathon of the season!


Jeeping
We took the Mighty YJ out on Saturday to see if anything was open enough to run. We got much further up and into the Yankee Hill trail system then we have been able to get but not as far as we would have liked to.

It was a cold morning. Tom was driving and he mired the passenger rear tire in a snow drift. We used the winch and got right out. It was time to turn around. Going back out we got the tire caught in the same place, but after that we went straight back down the hill without incident.

It snowed on us twice on the mountain. It snowed on us again when we came back to the city. No accumulation, but snow none the less.

That is a classic case of Springtime in the Rockies!

____________________
(Thanks to http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/474/documents/SouthPlatteMap.pdf for the excellent graphic of the Platte River Recreation path)

5 Comments:

Blogger akshaye said...

Nice week.. thats a lot of miles.

Snow in April, at least its not accumulating.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Colorado and Minnesota seem to be having a lot of "spring" weather in common.
Great job on the training. You are going to have such a great time in Chicago.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

All that snow! So many miles!

8:53 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

So many trails and so much running! Sad to hear there are homeless folks out there in that cold, though.

2:47 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Sounds like April in the Rockies. Could snow anytime. Sounds like a nice place to run, that Platte River Basin where you ran.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home