Monday, March 24, 2008

The Road To... Moab!

I ran 11 miles yesterday. I ran 5.5 miles today.


Moab
I am going on vacation next week. It is to one of my favorite places in the entire world. I'm going to Moab, Utah.

This is nothing new. I tend to go to Moab 2 - 3 times a year. It is close enough to visit on a regular basis, yet far enough away to be able to enjoy while forgetting about the every day matters of life's occurences.

Now, you may ask, What is there about Moab that is so unique? I can do what I like to do. Me against the elements! And what elements they are!


Here I am running on the Moab Rim Trail. Excellent views of red rock canyon country and the Colorado river!


This the Mighty YJ (the jeep) navigating White Knuckle Hill. This hill is a very steep hill that you enter facing forward. It is extremely scary and can make personal parts pucker precariously!


This is my friend, Tom, at the top of the entrance to the Cliff Hanger Trail. This obstacle is one of the worst on this trail.

I have one great support group this time around. We should have 12 to 15 rigs from around these great United States. I take water, my garmin watch, my iPod and an FRS radio. I need to stay within radio contact of the group, and within a few feet of the trail, itself. That way all of the bases are covered. It doesn't matter if a Jeep breaks down or if I break down, the situation will be covered! I can either get back to them or they can get to me.

I am looking forward to it!


For Whatever Reason!
There is a great couple podcast called, For Whatever Reason!

I look forward to this podcast every week. They discuss food, beer and many other fascinating facets of life. I heartily recommend it for each of you! Oh, yeah, in episode 46, they discuss this humble runner and his Chicago Marathon run!

(Tim is also a runner!)


Tagged Again!
My friend, Jamie, Of The Diabetic Runner has tagged me! This time around the rules are a bit different. Here they are:

Six Word Memoir
There is no way you can sum up a person’s life in six words, but I think you can capture their current state, which is what I’ve tried to do. Now, here’s the rules for the challenge to complete the Six Word Memoir.

1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

OK, let's start this exercise. Many of you know that I break the rules. First of all, I tend not to tag others. That would knock out rules 4 & 5. That's just me being me. If you really want to be tagged, just leave me a comment and I will include your tag in the next blog that I do.

Do start thinking about your answer and do check out Jamie's site at http://diabeticrunner.com/ for the rules. His answers also involved a lot of thought, so check his examples. Cool and thoughtful.

I do beleive that someone in the near future will tag you for a Six Word Memoir!

Now... What am I going to use as my six word memoir?
Shy runner going for Chicago Marathon!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Next 6-word-memoir from Charlie:

Accomplished runner that rocked Chicago Marathon!

Thanks Charlie!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That is an EXCELLENT photo of you running in Moab! I am jealous!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Sweet 6 words for right now!!

Pictures in Utah: awesome.

What an expedition! Good safety precautions for a truly delightful experience.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Thanks for the kind words, Charlie. We appreciate your continued support. You help make out show better!

--T

http://forwhateverreason.net
forwhateverreason[at]gmail.com
206.888.2972

6:42 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I posted my 6 words. Amazing.

8:10 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Those are some great pictures. Enjoy your vacation!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

Wow that is just gorgeous - keep the photos coming please. Now .. 6 words .. I'm thinking about it...

1:26 AM  
Blogger Irish Blue said...

Your vacation destination looks awesome. Enjoy Charlie, enjoy!!!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger BananaBuzzbomb said...

Hey Charlie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hello!" I've lurked on you blog several times, from the Diabetic Running Challenge link, but have never posted. So here I am. Good luck as you continue your training for the Chicago Marathon. I'm sure you'll rock it out. Happy running!

4:40 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great photos of Moab! Looks a lot like the St George area of Southern Utah, which I've been to a few times.

Hope you have a great vaca!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful scenery! Absolutely love the pics. I'm going to check out the For Whatever Reason podcast this weekend. Interesting podcasts definitely take most of the tedium out of my job.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

I've never been to Moab, but it looks like an awesome place to vacation at. Wonderful pics - I especially liked the jeep one!

And thanks for sharing your 6 word memoir!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home