Thursday, October 11, 2007

Down To The Wire!

MOAB
I went to Moab last weekend. It was an interesting experience. I decided to go camping for two days and a hotel for the last night. Friday night was windy! There were gusts all night long making for very spotty sleep. Suddenly, at 2:00 AM, I woke up suddenly to a collapsed tent on top of me. There must have been a wind gust of 70+ mph that destroyed fibre glass rods in the tent poles. I gathered the sleeping bag, wallet, ipod, keys and headed for the Mighty YJ (Jeep). I slept in there until 7:00 AM when I woke up. A Jeep Wrangler has a small cabin. There is usually no way to stretch out and get comfortable (except for Molly who has the back seat). I woke up with some minor cramps and a neck pain, but the sleep was very good.
At 7:00 AM it was gently raining. We covered the collapsed tent with a tarp and headed from Sand Flats to the McDonalds in the center of town. Their coffee was delicious. After a breakfast of breakfast burritos, we headed out for a soggy morning driving Poison Spider Mesa. Molly and I were able to get out and do some running. There is no other place quite like Moab.
Running with Molly in Moab...
Molly and I are running on "High Speed Mesa" with Behind The Rocks in back of us. I could not get the Blogger loader to work so I included a link that will take you to my Photobucket account instead.

TAPER
Well, winding down to the last days before the Phedippidations World Wide Half-Marathon run. It is a rest day for me today. I will run again tomorrow and a short run the day after that. I plan on running on Sunday morning.

I am ready.

How about you?

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I am iffy, to tell you the truth. Ugh -- I have when life throws a curve!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

And congrats, I see you rolled over the 500M mark on your Nike+ profile!!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, some interesting scenery and rocks there in Moab. I've been to the St George and the Salt Lake/Provo area but not eastern Utah. Maybe someday!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I look forward to reading your PWW 1/2 marathon report.

7:00 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Sleepin' in the car. Ah yes. That's what Wal-Mart parking lots are for on car trips. But don't tell anyone. They are always horrified.

Good luck tomorrow in the Half-M!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home