Friday, August 31, 2007

This Is Another Run!

First of all, I ran 36 1/2 miles this week. I still have tomorrow to go for this week.

I thought that I would share yet another run with everyone. This park is 1 mile from the house. We run through another park to get there.

There two hills on the way. One minor one from the house to a park on the way, and a second one from that park to the new park. It is easier to run it to get there and more of an incline to run back.

This park is a Denver County Park. It is also the headquarters for Denver's Swat Team so it is pretty cool.

Around the park are placed exercise stations.


There is an extension office for Colorado State University in the park.



There is also a nine hole golf course. Think of it - You can run the park and do the exercise stations along the way; then you could play nine holes of golf! What a country!

I have no idea what the chimney was for. It just sticks up like a sore thumb now. There are communication antennas at the top. It is seperate from the building next to it...

This culvert is just off the golf course. If you click on the picture you will see some golf balls embedded in the cement. Always something here!

Ah ha! This recreational use area is actually a cleverly disquised flood control area. Hmmm...
Heading on the South side of the park back toward the street that takes me back home.
This is the extreme hill right off the park on the street headed for the house. You will feel this hill as you run it!
Finally, a tree in full bloom. Late summer and a beautiful bit of nature to enjoy!


This run is just short of 4 miles. If I run the Phedipp Worldwide half-marathon from home this is going to be one of my cloverleaf courses that I'll take.

Let me know what you think!

Finally...
Talk about annoying videos from you-tube. Yes, my name is Charlie. But I am still very tired of this annoying video...
Charlie the Unicorn

Have a great labor day weekend, everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger peter said...

Those golf balls embedded in the cement--what, has Tiger Woods been driving balls around there? I attended a golf tourney he was at and his drives made an angrier hiss in the air than anyone else's as they went by, more power.

That hill leading out of the park at the end looks a lot like our infamous Capitol Hill climb up Constitution Avenue during the sixth mile of the Capitol Hill Classic 10K in May in DC, called a "gut-check climb." I practiced that hill all spring in training, no problemo, then during the race I hit it at speed the last mile and it was like I was suddenly floundering underwater. My hitherto steady 7:40 miles dropped to a 9:10 mile and my only mantra was--don't walk, don't walk. That assphalt waited quietly all spring then kicked my ass on race day.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I got about one minute into the video and had to navigate away -- how annoying!

Your route looks lovely. So pretty!

I skipped my 17-miler yesterday and am about to head out now -- as the sun rises. Big change!!!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Wake up Chaaarlie. Wake up Chaaarlie. Wow! I don't know what to say about that video. My kids thought it was funny...

Thanks for sharing another run with us. It looks beautiful.

I am going to try to bring my camera for my long run on Saturday.

8:57 PM  
Blogger nylisa said...

Haha that chimney is funny for some reason.

It looks like a nice and peaceful run! Awesome!

6:46 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Running, exercise stations and then golf ... sounds like great multi-sport training to me :-)

That video is something else though!

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home