Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tom Whooped Me!

We ran earlier than usual this morning.

I made the rookie mistake of a fast first mile. Tom was right behind me allowing me to pace for him. He took the lead in the last 3/4 of a mile to the finish line. The final 1/2 mile is a slight downhill where I though I could take him, but it didn't happen!

We both finished under 30 minutes but Tom took me by an easy ten seconds!

(I'll get him next time)

See why having someone to run with can stretch your limits? I know that he really appreciated it!

I finished last week with 28.2 miles. After the race today, I ran an additional 3.2 miles for a total of 6.3 miles. With that I have run 1301 miles so far in 2007. I might just make 2,000 miles for this year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

2000 - wow!

Maybe I run alone because I like the feeling of "beating the wind." Ha! That's the only thing I'd be able to beat! :)

4:21 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

It is fun running with someone, esp. if they are about the same level or a little faster.

Congrats on completing your second 1/2 mary!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I think it's true you're only as good as your competition. Friendly as it may be, running with someone who is a wee bit faster, will make you faster.

Great Job!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home