Monday, September 10, 2007

Longest Run!

Yesterday was my longest run to date! I ran 14.15 miles. I started out running 5 miles along the 'River Run' with Tom.

He dropped out after that - His longest run yet, also!

I continued on to run to Harvard Gulch Park. It was a lot of fun until about the 11th mile! That is when I sustained my very first running injury!

When I fasten my laces, I double tie them. That way they tend to stay put and not cause any problems. Until yesterday, that is. Somehow, the right shoelace loosened. I had noticed it, but decided to wait until it was convenient to stop and tie it again. Well, I waited a bit too long. I was running along, stepped on the lace and I tripped and fell. As I was falling, I tucked my body into a roll, but I still skinned my right knee!


The roll was not easy to do and I am muscle sore from it. I thought it was a quick response to a troublesome situation and probably stopped me from getting more 'road rash' than I had experienced.

Maddy, Petra, myself and some others are in a Nike+ iPod chip system challenge. These ladies are brutal! They are motivating me to train for results! I appreciate the competition and the results that we are acheiving! They are also kicking my butt.

Finally,
I ran 41.50 miles last week. I have run 19.65 miles so far this week. Yes, I know! I really shouldn't have run today, but I am taking a day off tomorrow. My muscles were so sore today that I wanted to do a slow, easy run to work out the kinks and the stiffness.

9 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Ouch! I'm surprised the laces undid themselves from a double knot. Glad the fall was not too serious.

If you try to keep up with Maddy and Petra, you'll be on your way to training for a marathon :-)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Congrats on your longest run ever! I see a marathon in your future!

7:13 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

hope that knees better...
and congrats on the long run!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Road Warrior said...

Congrats! Stay on Maddy's heels! She's quite the inspiration.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

the marathon is only a matter of time I feel.. and we'll be here to cheer you along the whole way!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Charlie, you are a machine! :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Your first fall. My first (& worst) fall was in Denver; in the dark on a broad smooth sidewalk alongside Quebec near Alameda I ran into a low plastic woven construction fence stretching across sidewalk re-construction project and went down hard. Falls hurt!

I was just in Denver on business. To play I went over Wolf Creek Pass to Durango to see my 88 y.o. uncle, a WW2 vet. Long drive though. No running unfortunately. I have recuring business there for awhile, we'll have to get together for a run. With the altitude and your awesome weekly total, you'll run me ragged!

Nice going on your longest run.

7:06 AM  
Blogger nylisa said...

Yay for longest runs! Boy that's a serious battle scar to show for it! Hope your knees and muscles feel better!

3:39 PM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

I remember my first fall. I tripped over a side walk line and rolled into the grass. Since I felt like an idiot I just laid there for a second or two with my legs up in the air. Had to look less dumb then I did. Sadly, it was during rush hour. A lot of people saw me.

Glad you're ok, buddy.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home