Thursday, June 14, 2007

9 Days...

Well, 9 days to go.

964 miles run in 2007.

My training schedule for the rest of the 9 days -

I am trying for a 9:40 pace for the half-marathon.

Friday - Supposed to be a cross training day with 60 minutes of bicycle riding. I just found flat tires and one is a blow out. I won't get it fixed before tomorrow, so I'll run 5 miles instead.
Saturday - My schedule (based on a Higby) will be a 10 miles run (I'll attempt it at a 9:40 pace). Nothing fancy, just good and steady...
Sunday - Rest day - Working with the Jeep club and volunteering to repair trail damage in the Colorado back-country (I have the 4 wheel drive truck, so I get to drive and deliver rocks from another area).
Monday - 5 miles at a 9:40 pace.
Tuesday - 4 miles at a 9:40 pace.
Wednesday - 3 miles at a 9:40 pace.
Thursday - Rest day
Friday - Rest day

Saturday - Half-Marathon!!!

#Anticipation!#

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Irish Blue said...

Awesome runs! This thing is in the bag. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Your excitement is contagious!

Love the plan!

5:46 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

have a great week before the half! and dont be worried about slowing a bit from the target 9.40 pace this week. your race day pace will always be a little faster than anything in training.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Lesley Looper said...

Good luck on Saturday! Sounds like you've trained well.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Holy cow! You are so fast, Charlie!

Did you read in Runner's World about the young woman (endurance athlete) who was injured and stranded for a few days in Moab?

7:41 PM  
Blogger CewTwo said...

I did. I found the story very interesting. Praise the dog!

Some seriuos mistakes were made.

When I run with the Jeep group, I carry an FRS radio (and my cell phone) and am not allowed more than 15 feet from the trail.

We are quite serious about safety when we are out there.

Don't forget what happened to Aaron Ralston out in that back-country also.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home