Friday, May 18, 2007

Why Not Take It Easy?

I ran 9.30 miles today. It took 97 minutes. I was hoping for better but I am working on it.

My original plan was to run an easy 5 miles. I didn't. I have no idea as to why.

When I run on the treadmill, I tend to watch a 52" screen TV in my basement. The TV sits in front of the treadmill. Yesterday I watched most of "Hondo" with John Wayne. That left 15 minutes of it for today's run. I have Tivo so changing movies is pretty easy. I like to watch movies when I run over anything else. The one exception now is the TV show "Heroes" on NBC. I've watched the whole series but still don't know what I think about it. That's neither here nor there, though. Just an aside.

I watched the end of Hondo and sort of flipped through the "Now Playing" to see what else I had available. I noticed that I had "The Quiet Man" another movie with John Wayne in it. Excellent movie for anyone with a romantic bone in their system. I highly recommend it. It inspired me to run on. I thought it was to enjoy the movie, but these things change.

I had done intervals yesterday, but I fell into running 5.5 mph for 1/2 mile, then 6 mph for 1/2 mile, then 6.5 miles for 1/2 mile, then 6 mph for 1/2 mile, then 5.5 mph for 1/2 mile and then finished a 3 mile run with a 5 mph pace for the last 1/2 mile. I did it 3 times then finished the final 3/10 at 7 mph.

Phew! I got off of that treadmill dripping with sweat. What a workout today!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irish Blue said...

Sounds like you are hooked! Keep up the great work.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Excellent!

I have seen The Quiet Man. I think it is a requirement of marriage... at least with my husband... John Wayne is everpresent in his movie library!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home