Thursday, May 17, 2007

Stepping Up to Step Out!

I ran a 10K on the treadmill today (with a much faster pace). Then I ran to a neighborhood park with my dog, Molly. We walked Molly, then ran some intervals together. It was a fun day.

We are working toward a half-marathon race. Race to be determined later, but I do have my eye on one!

I'm pumped! Ready to train. This competition thing is compelling and exciting!

One other thing - In my facet of participation in The Tinkoff 1,000 I have acheived 799.8 miles. Tomorrow I will be over the 800 mile mark! Two years ago if someone had told me that I would be doing that, I would have laughed (while watching my belly shake like a bowl full of jelly) and said, "No way!"

Now look at me.

Just the other day, I was showing some people around our office building. I mentioned that I had run my 1st 5K last Saturday and that I had acheived 28:16.37.

Everyone in their group pointed at Dennis, one of their number. They said that he was going for the Colfax Marathon this weeked in Denver. He shook my hand and told me that he had lost 44 pounds in 6 months. I told him of my story. Brothers of a different Mother! I tend to hear the story a lot.

I commended him on his achievement and told him that I looked forward to running with him soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

I love my treadmill and do nearly all of my running on it. I am going to transition my long runs outside as a part of Team in Training - I'll meet the team for group runs. Of course races are also run outside.

The treadmill is a faster pace. My half marathon PR is 2:08:34 (Maderia Beach December 2006) I have run the same distance on the treadmill in 1:52 and change.

I wish I could translate it to the road.

5:44 PM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

Man, that is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

I'm certainly provoked by your miles. Wow! Keep it up. Are you going to cut back after you hit 1,000? I am sure you're not going to slack off when you reach that goal.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

All I can say is: BRAVO!!!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home