Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Not much for now

I ran 36.5 miles last week. I ran 10 miles Sunday, 3 1/2 miles on Monday, and 4 1/2 miles today. I ran the 10 miles in 95 minutes and 27 seconds, so I am improving my pace (just ever so slowly it seems).

I have run 910 miles in 2007 toward my participation in the Tinkoff 1,000. Phew!

I have 18 days until my first half-marathon. I am really looking forward to it.

I continue my quadricep strengthening exercises.

That's about it for now. I didn't really have anything to say, but it has been a while since I posted, so this is my post!

A co-worker told me today that he was sitting around discussing the day’s activities, when two others commented on how his belly is hanging over his belt now. He told me that it was to his shame and to my credit that they told him that Charlie at twenty years his senior had a far better looking body than he did. Then he asked for advice on how to lose a little weight. Talk about affirmations! That did a lot for my ego!

Have fun! Be sure to run!

Did you read in "Runner's World" abopuit the 73 year old man that has run 100 marathons? What Gumption!

6 Comments:

Blogger Irish Blue said...

Sounds like you've made so much progress with your running, weight, and overall health. That's awesome!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

That is great. Your running is coming along great. You deserve the credit for working hard on your weight and setting a positive example.

7:35 PM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

You are doing incredible on your goals as well as motivating everyone! You deserve the compliments. Keep it up.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

COACH Charlie,

Wow - you have inspired someone (or at least his coworkers). That is fantastic. Although somewhat unrelated, I love the fact that I look 10 times better than I did 10 years ago.

I'm glad that you are taking breaks in your running week. I am super-impressed with your goals!

I can't wait to hear about your first half-marathon!

Susan

7:50 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

You are an inspiration! For those who think they cannot change, they are wrong and you are the proof.

You are ready for your first half marathon and we are all so excited for you!

Keep it up!

8:32 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

wow.. thats a lot of running! your blog is an inspiration.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home