Friday, February 01, 2008

Meeting and Running with Friends, Fellow Runners and Bloggers!

I had the priviledge and honor to run with a fellow blogger this morning!

As you can see, Peter of DC Spinster and I were able to meet this morning and run! We met at Washington Park (a major running park in Denver) to experience how wonderful it is to run in the snow and cold. It was a bright, clear morning with a lot of sunshine!

Peter is a lot of fun to run with. I had the feeling that I was holding him back. We established that we were running at a pace of 10:21 and if we were comfortable with that. I told him it was good with me and he agreed saying that he was on vacation. Hmmm...

We ran the perimeter of the park twice. My iPod said it was 5.78 miles. He surprised me by presenting me with a DC Road Runners jersey. I feel like an honorary member of the runners club! Thanks, Peter!


Peter did say that he enjoys reading my blog and to keep it up. Do you think he might have been hinting that I don't post a lot?

Did I say that there were bloggers? There were actually 3 of us there! Yes, my little Molly of Molly is a Running Dog! was there also! Looks like she might have to update her blog, as well!
I do know that Molly is fussy about the people that she appreciates, but she was following Peter as much as she was following me? I think that she liked Peter a lot!


Finally, I would like to thank my friend, Tom, for coming along and taking some pictures for us!

This week? 28+ miles. Last week? 25+

10 Comments:

Blogger akshaye said...

Yea.. I'd take that as a gentle hint that you don't post a lot!

That park is just gorgeous. Specially all the tracks in the snow from how many people have run on it.

Thats a great picture of Molly there. She needs a honorary jersey also!

8:16 PM  
Blogger peter said...

That was a great run in Washington Park, thanks for suggesting we meet up there. After running by monuments up close all the time in DC, it's special to run by everpresent monuments far in the distance (the Rockies). You were prescient as I left clear, sunny Denver headed for the highlands when you said, You can't see the far mountain ranges (just the foothills) so I imagine it's not clear up there. I guess so! Chain law in effect at Eisenhower Tunnel and on Vail Pass. I made it to Montrose though so no worries. I had to pry my knuckles off the steering wheel though. Nice to meet you, and Molly and Tom. Let me return the favor sometime in DC. Washington Park was nice but the Mall is special too!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I am jealous on so many levels!

Maybe one day we can run together, also.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Amazing neighborhood event, that lightning storm!!

Molly looks like such a sweet running partner.

11:18 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, running in the snow!? Glad you got out for a run with Peter. Nice to see Molly too!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

It's fun to meet and run with bloggers! It sounds like you had a good run with Peter (and Molly too!).

You are getting a lot of miles in!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

What lovely weather and what a beautiful day!

Makes me even more sorry I missed talking to you this January - but more determined to meet up with more bloggers..

1:23 AM  
Blogger Zen Runner said...

Wish I was there. Looks amazing.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Irish Blue said...

That is so cool. I love the shirt. Looks like you chaps had fun.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Very cool Chas! Great pictures too!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home