Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Have Been Quiet Recently...

I have been quiet recently. I have just been busy.

Nothing new or exciting recently. The running is going great including a 3 1/2 mile tempo run this morning. I brought it in 30:18 minutes.

Last week, I ran 27.46 miles. The week before that I ran 28.10 miles.

I have misplaced my Nike+iPod chip this morning. I do so hope I find it.

I worked on my laptop this weekend. I upgraded the memory and replaced the 80GB hard drive with a 250GB hard drive. Then I made it a dual boot machine with both Windows Vista Home Basic (isn't that just really WinXP SP3?) and Windows XP Professional. I have reloaded it with my working software. Just for other build geeks out there, the WinXP Pro side is faster than the Vista side.

I have also finished my SageTV build - I got rid of TIVO and replaced it with something much better. It is on a dedicated computer. I can watch TV or recordings from any computer in my home network. It is cool. I cannot get it to act as a server on the internet. It uses port 31099. It can find the software but cannot access the port. Any geek ideas out there for that?

Finally...
I have not made my mind up about a marathon as of yet...

6 Comments:

Blogger akshaye said...

cool.. all those upgrades. I have my laptop on a dual boot for xp pro and Ubuntu and I just love it. You should give the live version of Ubuntu a spin..

Not sure about the problem you are having. First things to check would be making sure it has a fixed ip and checking the ports the firewall is blocking. Cant help you much there!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Charlie - whoa - that sounds awful geeky! :)

4 days til my 2nd marathon.... oh my!

12:48 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Whenever I have computer-related problems that I can't solve on my own, I google the problem (in your case, "tv server problem accessing port 31099") and usually someone else has had the same or similar problem and there's info online that I can use to help me.

Good luck and hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Irish Blue said...

I'm with Shirly, I Google everything. My husband's laptop screen died and I was able to figure it out via Google.

I've not tried Vista. I don't like to be on the bleeding edge of technology. ;-)

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you looked at the port forwarding settings on your router? Typically you need to tell the router which internal IP address to forward traffic to for a given port request on the external IP address.

5:32 PM  
Blogger CewTwo said...

Yep... The SageTV server has a static IP address. I have forwarded the port through the router to that specific address. The remote software can find the "Locator ID" but cannot connect to the port.
I still devote about 30 minutes a day trying to figure this out...

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home