Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Catch Up Stuff

Tongue In Cheek Humor
Many of you know that I have a dog. Her name is Molly and I think she is something special. I should though. Did you know that she has her own running blog? She doesn't update it very often, but she does from time to time. You can check it out here...

I suggest the following reading. It is from a local Denver man that ran the Denver Marathon last Sunday. He calls himself, Half-Fast. He has a great sense of humor and ran it with a great time under wet conditions!

Blood Test Today
I am headed to a medical lab today to test for elevated fasting glucose. I had an elevated glucose level in my last series of tests in July. My test came out as 105. Normal levels are under 100. Diabetes Type II is usually diagnosed at 120 and above. I am not a Doctor. I am not in the medical field (aside from being a patient). It seems that I may be slowly slipping into a Type II diabetes state. I would not be surprised. It is in my family history.

It is three months later now and time for another test.

Nutrition
To take the medical test I mentioned above, it is necessary to fast. Nothing since 10:00 PM last night (aside from water and black coffee). So, for this morning's run I did not have my usual oatmeal or have a sports drink with me. It made for a much more difficult run than usual. Duh, ey?

Some Recent Runs...
This is a running blog, right? So once in a while I should discuss something running related.

For the week of September 30, I ran 40.8 miles.

For the week of Ocotber 7th, I ran 26.10 miles. Like a PWWHM run was coming up or something.

This week, so far, I have run 25 miles. I started with a tempo run after a half-marathon run.

Bad Joke
Jane had been driving 16 hours straight and was still at least six hours away from her destination. It was almost eight o'clock in the morning and she was very tired.
After dozing off and nearly crashing into a telephone pole, she decided to pull onto a side road and rest.
Jane turned off the car and closed her eyes ... drifting off to sleep, precious sleep ...
When an old man in a bright blue jogging suit knocked on her window, scaring her half to death.
"Sorry to wake you," he huffed, jogging in place. "But can you tell me what time it is?"
Jane glanced at her watch. "8:15," she said through the glass.
The old man thanked her, then left.
"Just my luck," she muttered. "I'm parked on someone's jogging route."
With a sigh, she settled back into her seat and tried to fall asleep.
Two male joggers in their thirties knocked on her window. If she hadn't been dead tired, she would have found them cute. Now, they were just annoying.
"Hi," the blond jogger said.
"Do you have the time?" his brown-haired friend asked.
Jane sighed and looked at her watch. "8:19," she said.
"Thanks," they said, then jogged off.
Jane looked down the road and saw more joggers coming her way. Irritated, she retrieved a pen from the glove box and scrawled 'I DO NOT KNOW THE TIME' on the back of a magazine. She put the hastily constructed sign in the window and settled back to sleep.
A thin, pale jogger knocked on the window just as she started dozing off.
Jane pointed at the sign and shouted, "Can't you read?"
To which he replied, "Sure I can, ma'am. I just wanted to let you know: It's 8:27."

8 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Love the joke!

Good luck with the exam.

Molly's blog rocks!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

Haha! I like that! Your running is just going great! And good luck with your exams today - you and Terry can compare rumbling tummies..

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the glucose test came back with a great number! With all your running, I'm sure you are doing great things to prevent the Type II monster from appearing.

Let me know how it goes!

12:28 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

All the best for a good test!

And very cool that Molly now has a blog too. My sister has a blog about her 3-year-old's adventures.

11:26 AM  
Blogger peter said...

I trust your exam went well. I have a friend who has A+ blood. I give blood 4X a year whether I need to or not. (I know, I lead a boring life if I am still able to donate blood.) She, like all women it seems, is anemic and can't give blood currently. This bugs her mightily. She expressed her frustration to me thusly at not going with me to a donation center every eight weeks to donate blood. "I wish I could go donate, b/c whenever I go in, they give me a blood test and I get a perfect score every time!" She has a pleased smile whenever she says that. It's a riot (to me).

Pls email me at plamberton@yahoo.com so the next time I'm in Denver, perhaps we can hook up for a run. I'd like that!

3:58 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

hehe..that was funny!

good luck with your tests. hope everything turned out ok

9:13 AM  
Blogger nylisa said...

good luck with your test! That joke was pretty funny!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomica
MIni-Z
Minichamps
Choro-Q
Kyosho
Tiger I
RC tank
RC bearing
car model
Futaba
Tomica
Minichamps
Tiger I
Tomica
Minichamps
Choro-Q
Mini-Z
Kyosho
Futaba
RC tank
Minichamps
Mini-Z
Tomica
Kyosho
Minichamps
Futaba
Choro-Q
Tomica
Mini-Z
Tomica
Minichamps
Tomica
Mini-Z
Kyosho
Minichamps
RC Tank
RC Tank
Mini-Z
Tomica
Mini-Z
Minichamps
Futaba
Futaba
Tomica
Minichamps
Mini-Z
Futaba
Mini-Z
Futaba
Tomica
Kyosho
Mini-Z
Tomica
MIni-Z
Futaba
Mini-Z
RC Tank
Futaba
Minichamps
Mini-Z
Mini-Z
Futaba
Futaba
RC Tank
RC Tank

Tomica
Minichamps
Mini-Z
Kyosho
Futaba
RCtank
Choro-Q
Ebbro
Tiger I
Silyerlit
Radiocontrol
Tamiya
Tomy
Cars Model
Tamiya
Ebbro
Kyosho
Mini-Z
Tomica
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Tomica
Tomica
Tomica
Tomica
Minichamps
Minichamps
Minichamps
Minichamps
Minichamps
Mini-Z
Mini-Z
Mini-Z
Mini-Z
Kyosho
Kyosho
Kyosho
Kyosho
Kyosho
Futaba
Futaba
Futaba
Futaba
Choro-Q
Choro-Q
Choro-Q
Choro-Q
Ebbro
Ebbro
Ebbro
Ebbro
Ebbro
Ebbro

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home