Friday, November 09, 2007

I, Too, Have Been Tagged!

My friend, Peter, tagged me. What a guy! I am contemplating ways of balancing the books...

5 things about me.

1. I love to build computers. I do it at my work. I do it at home. It is an obsession, much more than a hobby. To assemble several seperate pieces (hardware, firmware, software) into a whole is a marvelous thing to me. I just built a Home Theatre PC for my basement entertainment theatre. Then I redesigned it and built it again!

2. I love to cook. Homemade pasta is far better than anything that can be bought at a store. I love to bake bread. Bread is not the best of foods for a runner, though (even with whole wheat flour, healthier oils and additives, and reduced fat butter substitutes). I debate a lot with friends about the glycemic index and natural, unprocessed foods. That could be an entirely seperate tag item.

3. I "run" through a lot of shoes. I need new running shoes again (yes, I do stretch their usable life much more than I should). The over pronation is obvious this time - A lot of heel wear and outside of the foot wear.

4. I have a Jeep. It is a 1993 Jeep Wrangler. I call it the Mighty YJ. It is the reason that I cannot retire. That's because I am constantly modifying it. I do take it out on organized Jeep trail runs almost weekend. I go with a friend, though. It does clash with running. I shoot movies during and edit them and put them on Photobucket after the run. I often would rather run a trail rather than drive it (but that, too, could be a seperate tag item)...

5. GPS and mapping. I love to map things. I do it all of the time. I have map files that go back several years. I map my half-marathons. I map my neighborhood runs. I map my trail runs. I map runs that aren't trail and aren't neighborhood runs! I map bike runs. I map Jeep trail runs. It is so much fun!

If there were a 6 it would be my inner debate about running a marathon. I have a lot of blogging friends. I appreciate each and every opinion I received. Wow! Great people! Thank you so much!

OK, now for the rules -
Here are the Rules:
• Link to your tagger, and post these rules on your blog.
• Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
• I cheated and removed the 2 final rules. Why? Just to be stubborn!

5 Comments:

Blogger peter said...

You ended the meme! (Like a Ponzi scheme, it had to end sometime.) That's bad luck (it must be, like breaking a chain letter).

4:58 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love this list. When we are so fortunate as to be able to run together one day, I am going to expect homemade pasta afterwards!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

I'm with Susan - I'm carboloading at yours! I think homemade bread is lovely and you know what - I think it's fine for a runner.. Seems to be doing you no harm at all.

Thanks for your post on my blog - I appreciate all of it.
And I think you should run a marathon but you know that!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

I love the list. Fall is always a great time to live in Colorado!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Interesting list! NYLisa tagged me but I have yet to figure out what to say and who else to tag.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home