Monday, December 10, 2007

Runnin' on!

Last week, I ran 28 miles. The week before, I ran 23 1/2 miles.

As of today, I've run 1,811 miles in 2007.

I am not much of a movie goer. I'd rather wait until it comes out on DVD, or get through my Netflix account. Then I'll watch it at home.

Have you seen Live Free or Die Hard? Very action filled movie. It had the excitement I thought that it would. Formula maybe, but I enjoyed the movie.

I also watched "At World's End," the last in the Pirates of the Caribbena series. Lots of action, but parts of it dragged. I bought it, though, as I have the rest of the series.

I was one of the people that bought the HD DVD Player at Walmart on a recent secret Friday sale. It played 1/2 of an HD-DVD movie and hasn't played one since. Regular DVDs play just fine. Bottom line? It is going back to Toshiba for repair!

I never did get the SageTV server working through the internet on my Home Theatre computer.

6 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Sorry you didn't get that SageTv server working yet. But I'm an action movie junkie too. Love all the Die Hard movies but didn't care much for the last Pirates movie, which I found confusing and too long. Can't wait to see Bourne Ultimatum though!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Thats some quality :)

I really need to catch up on movies over the holidays!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Good luck with the techno repair!

3:47 AM  
Blogger nylisa said...

Wow, that's a lot of miles! Starting in January I'm going to do as you did and log all my miles in 2008!

2:38 PM  
Blogger peter said...

That's a way lot of miles!

I watched a B&W DVD last night, It, The Terror From Beyond Space. Really hokey but imagine an "action" movie advanced by dialogue instead of special effects. I enjoyed it as much as when I saw it on TV in the fifties. (It inspired the movie Alien.)

9:28 PM  
Blogger peter said...

I'm in Denver on a quick business trip--staying at 16th & Curtis. This morning I got up and ran down the Mall to Wynkoop, then over to and around Coors Field. Hard to circle, they have it totally ringed by unforgiving highways. Had to duck under a security gate and run through one of their lots that said Authorized Personnel Only. It was a lot of fun. I saw Mike Hampton pitch a game there in 2001, the last time I was ever all together with my kids (divorce thing) so I carried a lot of memories around that stadium this morning. Took the FREE bus back to my hotel, first stopping in at that funky McDs on 16th one block up from Curtis, eschewing the various Starbucks I passed. What a great way to see the Mall. I hope to get out of town this afternoon before the 2-3 inches of snow hits. I'll try to call, but maybe I'll have X next X for a run in your neck of the woods.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home