Thursday, July 26, 2007

Some Consider it odd, Some Don't...

Some consider it odd, some don't...

I knew last night that today was the day to run to the office. I had been thinking about it for weeks, but I had never done it. 4 miles there, 4 miles back. Today, I was driven. I knew that I had to do it today.

I woke up and did the usual abolutions. I cleared my office messages and went upstairs to get ready. I dressed, packed Gatorade into my Amphibelt bottles, put my cell phone in the pocket, put on my electronic gear and Iwas out the door and running.

It was a good run to the office. I felt vibrant and alive. It was when I got to the office that I knew something had happened. There were cords across hallways & warning signs out about tripping hazards. I assumed that it was because floor maintenance was being performed. I knew that it was more serious, though. I knew it inside of me.

What did I do? I grabbed a fast drink of water and headed for home. It was a mile and a half later that the boss called my cell. A transformer on the power line behind the building had blown. It effectively knocked out half of the building's power (much like would happen in a rolling brown out). He asked who to call and I told him.

Do you believe in precognition?
_______________________________

I ran 8.35 miles today. Last week I ran 42.10 miles.
_______________________________

Saturday last, I ran a new trail. Called Wheeler's Lake, it is just off the summit of Hoosier Pass between Breckenridge and Fairplay, Colorado. A short trail but with elevation and a lot of scenic beauty. Climbing "Bolling Ball" hill took a lot of energy, running back down to the trailhead was fast and easy.
Waterfalls near the top of the trail.

The JEEPAVAN at the top...

And finally, here is my friend, Tom, trying his best to flop the Mighty YJ!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

You must be psychic! Ha. Excellent run and double-excellent photos.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

What a great way to change up your running paths! Thanks for sharing.

7:09 AM  
Blogger akshaye said...

you sure picked a great day to run to the office!
nice pictures also. thanks for the tips with the bike gear

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home