Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What a way to spend the day!

So my Doctor office called me. Time to set another appointment. They asked me if I wanted to come in this week. I told them that I would prefer to wait a week due to the fact that I just ran a HALF-MARATHON!!!

They agreed. So, next week I will see my Family Doctor. This is the man that started me on the mad RUN to fitness. I feel that I owe him a lot!

One thing that I did not talk about was the fact that my half-marathon included the final few miles toward completing 1,000 miles run in 2007!!! YAY!!! I did it!

With today's run of 5.24 miles, I have 1,006.50 miles to my credit. I am pretty satisfied with that acheivement!

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Fabulous fabulous fabulous!

I bet your doctor is just floored by you. You are an amazing one!

9:40 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

a 1000 miles... congratulations! that is just amazing

11:27 AM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

Fantastic progress. I am sure your doctor isn't going to recognize you!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ka_Ka said...

O Casamento do Sol

Dizem que em certo tempo desejou o Sol de se casar, e todas as gentes, agravadas disso, se foram queixar a Júpiter, dizendo: - Que no Estio trabalhosamente sofriam um Sol, que com seus raios os abrasava, donde inferiam e provavam, que se o Sol casasse e viesse a ter filhos, queimaria o mundo todo; porque um Sol faria Verão calmoso na Índia, outro em Grécia, outro na Noruega e terras setentrionais; pelo que sendo todas as três zonas tórridas, não teriam as gentes onde viver. Visto isto por Júpiter, mandou que não casasse.

(Esopo, Fábulas, vertidas do grego por Manuel Mendes)



www.spring-gold.blogspot.com

10:20 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

1000 miles in 2007. That is awesome!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Zen Runner said...

Totally amazing my brother. You are officially to first person I know to reach my goal of 1,000 miles. Time to put your feet up and enjoy the view. Take in this moment (and every moment). Every mile is the first mile really. There is no 1,000. Only now.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home