Thursday, June 21, 2007

Its Always Something!

I didn’t sleep well last night. I got enough sleep, just not as much as I wanted. It was hot in Denver overnight and I suppose that I am getting nervous, but I would feel better with a bit more sleep.

Families don’t always get along. That is the case at my house. Things are happening that don’t involve me but do affect me. A certain situation became a focal point for this weekend. Specifically Saturday. Now those of you who read this blog know that Saturday morning holds an event that is special to me. But, sometimes, these events mean absolutely nothing to a non-runner.

So was the case this morning. I cannot get too specific, but there was friction this morning. A matter that was on the back burner for months came to be scheduled as a family event for Saturday. This happened last week and we were not involved in the planning. I offered to release my friend, Tom, from his support of my running this weekend, but he would have none of it. I did explain to him that runners drive themselves to their events all of the time. He still wouldn’t budge.

I sit here now worried for my friend and his relations with his family. Stomach upset, not feeling tops. I am sure that all of you have experienced similar feelings. Maybe I am just too sensitive for my friend or maybe due to some sleep deprivation. I should eat something, and I am sure that I will later.

Last night, at the office a fellow worker was sitting in our general manager office. I asked what was wrong. She looked miserable. I assumed it was a cold and started to back away. I didn’t want to get a cold at the most contagious of all moments!

Phew. Just a headache! Was I relieved! Of course, she wasn’t relieved and was somewhat aghast at my attitude. Then again, EVERYONE at the office knows what I am doing Saturday morning! So she wasn’t that offended…

Yep! Just 2 days to go! I used my runtime today to make some homemade pasta for tomorrow night. I also have my ditty back packed and my clothes prepared.

NERVOUS, NERvous, nervous… Hmmm… Just talking about it seems to help! I’m hungry!

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

You are going to do FINE. I'm glad you got your stomach settled and stayed productive.

Non-runners just don't get it... sorry to say. I am happy that Tom stuck by your side. His family will just have to understand how important this is!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home