Thursday, July 05, 2007

Holiday Run...

I had a lot of fun on the fourth of July! Tom and I discussed doing a run that morning. He has a park that he is very fond of running in. I don't like that particular park and I had my heart set on a trail run. We could not agree on a compromise. We decided to run the recreation paths that follow the Platte River or the Bear Creek.

Both are well established recreation paths in our area. They are kind of chopped up right now due to the construction of a large shopping center.

We stopped at a park and got ourselves and Molly ready for a run. We decided on a 5 mile run. Tom usually runs 3 miles 3 times a week. I tend to run a few more. We made sure that all of us were well hydrated, including both Tom and I drinking some Gatorade.

All of us did well to the half-way point. With the construction going on, the path was reduced to hot stretches of pavement or sidewalk. Tom and I did fine. Molly faired not so well. Probably a combination of the heat and the pavement, but Molly slowed down. We walked the last half mile back to the jeep. We sat with Molly for a while. She got lots of water to drink.

Tom and Molly drove the Jeep back to the house. I ran the rest of the way.

I did go to my Doctor on Tuesday -
Cholesterol - 141. I had a PSA test and it came back normal at 2.8. The glucose was high @ 105 (normal is under 100 - Diabetes is considered 120 or above). Everything else was normal. I will get blood work re-tested in 3 months.

I will try to get off of the cholesterol control drug, Lipitor, at the next set of blood work tests.

Oh yeah (dread, dread), a preventative care colonoscopy was also prescribed. I'll check into that next week.

For my friend, Jason -
This is my first attempt at writing a name via Garmin and Google...

It was supposed to be my name written cursively. It seems that you need a very big space to write in or you need to go much slower. I thought that you might enjoy seeing someone else attempt it. I'll work on it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

All sounds great, especially the stats at the doctor's office!

I need to work on my cholesterol. Yuck! I am honestly shocked that is is high...

10:45 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Your Independence run sounds like a nice compromise.

Your Cholesterol is great, right? Isn't normal or average 200? Way to go!

You remind me that I should schedule a check-up for myself and my husband. It's been too long since we've been.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home