Tuesday, July 01, 2008

6 Miles Today (Among Other Things)!

Ever have trouble naming the blog entry for the day? I do all of the time! Hence the misnomer for today.


The Training Schedule…
Week three is complete. No problems. I tend to run more than this schedule is having me run. The cross training on the bike was much easier this week.


The Nike+ Sportband
I think that my Nike+ Sportband is calibrated now. At least it is close. I wore the Sportband and the Garmin Forerunner 205 for the 4 mile race last Saturday and the 205 read 4 miles exactly, but the Sportband read 3.92. Hmmm...

I may have a problem with the Sportband. Condensation is forming inside the unit. From some conversations on Runner+ and the Nike+ site, others are having the same problem. Some of the other units are so wet that they have quit working.

Do you have a Sportband? Is yours working alright? I'll let you know if mine gives up the ghost!


Fun Training Pics!
I think the City and County of Denver is trying to tell me something about my running abilities –


This is a small waterfall on the Bear Creek trail.


This is a (very poor) panorama of Wild Cat Park on the Bear Creek trail. It is located at 3.3 miles from my front door. Makes for a wonderful 6 mile run with a steady water supply/break area at the halfway point.
I think this park is very innovative. It sits on a house plot. It is next to a recreation path. It is a great idea and often seems like an oasis in the middle of a run.


I am experimenting with a cheap digital camera I bought on a ‘Deal of the Day’ site. The pictures are all right, but I doubt I will use it. The camera has to be held still for about 2 seconds after you press the button. So, if I am stopped, and remember to wait the 2 seconds it works great. If I try to take a picture on the run, I can end up with something like this –

(A jeeping friend named this picture, "Fear and Loathing in Illinois Gulch.")


A Semi-Annual Doctor Appointment –
I have already had the blood taken for the mandatory tests. I need to see the Doctor every six months due to medications that I am on. I do have high blood pressure (the medication helps but does not control it) and I also take Lipitor for High Cholesterol. My blood tests show low numbers for the cholesterol now. I am wondering whether that is because of the medicine or because of the running that I do. It is, most likely, a combination of the two. I would sure like to get off of the medications, if I could!

Concerns? None, really. I would like to have the Doctor’s OK for the Chicago marathon, though.

All for now!

3 Comments:

Blogger akshaye said...

Nice pictures! The training looks like its going well. Actually the camera gave a pretty interesting effect to the jeep picture!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Irish Blue said...

Those are great pics. Glad you got the thumbs up from the doc for Chicago!!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Hoping you will do a Google search for "statins, CoQ10". Also, you could check that out with a ND (nuturopathic doctor) .. in addition to your regular dr, not in place of... ND's and MD's have different expertise.. but should be willing to have you see both.
Anyway, wishing we had known about CoQ10 depletion when Don started on statins. Sigh.
OH, very best wishes...

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home