Monday, June 16, 2008

Blended Tomato Condiment - Catchup, get it?

Running…
Last week I ran 19.29 miles. Sunday, I ran 13.66. It was a trial bringing it home yesterday. I left early to beat the heat, but it became a pain by the end of the 9th mile. Being a determined runner, I did finish but I think I could have walked it in faster!

Cross Training…
Today, I rode my bike!
I must admit that it has been a while since I’ve ridden my bike. It is a GT mountain bike with the triple tube molybdenum frame build. I have some hybrid street tires on it. I got it ready last week and will be using for cross training.
I had planned on an hour of riding today. That changed to a half-hour, soon after starting! I do know now that bicycling takes a different (though similar) set of muscles from running. Maybe, this cross training is a good thing.
I did keep hearing some of my mentors whisper in my ear, “Take it easy! Don’t overdo it! This is a first marathon you are training for!”
So, when I was plenty sore, I stopped.

Word of Advice!

I wouldn't eat at this restaurant. If you should pass it while running? Keep on Running!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biking really is great cross training for running. It gives a good cardio workout while giving your joints a break from the pounding.

To answer your question, I am on track for my training. I would hope so, I am only going on week 2!! I am incorporating 3, 20+ mile runs this year. I feel that I need these runs to help me finish stronger, give me more confidence and because I am in much better distance running shape this year.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hey Charlie!

I need to be more like you and actually get off my duff. I have skipped running two mornings in a row. :(

6:55 AM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Haha! Great picture :)

It is cross training - I've been riding a lot more and its helped my running.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

good for you for xtraining - keeps injuries to a minimum too -

what's that sign about? a joke, or for real? in any case, I agree - not a place i'd want to dine at.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Irish Blue said...

Sounds like your training is going well. I'm adjusting to the heat too, running earlier.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

No, we don't eat cat here!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger LIrunner9 said...

LMAO at that sign. That can't be for real, can it??

How's your tushie after your first ride? That is my concern when I hit the bike next week.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home