Sunday, May 18, 2008

It Is Done! Gone The Run!!

Just a quick note to say...

I did PR!

I did 2 official half-marathons last year. The first was 2:32, the second was 2:27. When I ran the Phedippidations world-wide half last year, I ran it in 2:22.
I am happy with today's results; either the net time of 2:20 or the gun time of 2:24 makes me happy with my efforts.

Training does work!


This is my finisher medal! It is the real reason for the race in the first place.

Great way to spend a weekend!

Race report will come soon!

The Colorado Colfax Race people did a great job! It was a beautiful morning.

I am one very happy turtle this morning!

13 Comments:

Blogger Alberto said...

Congrats! :-D Now enjoy the post race rest lol!

11:18 AM  
Blogger LIrunner9 said...

Fantastic, congrats on the new PR!! As scg said, enjoy the post race rest, you earned it:)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

What a feeling! Well done on the PR - all the training is paying off - and you seem in great spirits as well - even more important. Enjoy the glow and the great medal!

12:45 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Great job! What an awesome medal. Boy do I miss Denver sometimes!That looked like a super course, from what I remember of Colfax Avenue.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That is a beautiful medal, Charlie! Congrats on a job well done.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Road Warrior said...

Congrats, Charlie! Shaving more than 2 minutes off your half-marathon time is impressive. Can't wait to see the full report!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Tina Mickelson said...

That is great. Enjoy the afterglow and the medal.

9:35 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats Charlie!! That is a very nice medal and you should be very proud of your accomplishment. I look forward to reading your race report soon!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Way to go Charlie! Looking forward to the full report. Nice PR.

6:19 AM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

I am so proud of you! You run in some of the best areas. Great job!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Congratulations! What a great medal. You really really did it!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Ah see.. I predicted the PR coming up! Congratulations!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

WOW -this medal is so NICE! I love the design -- well worth running 13.1 miles for!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home