Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Go Shirley!


Imagine that you had the guts to vie for a sponsorship! Would you do it? Would you create a video and send it to a company for that reason?

Well, a friend of mine (and of several of you) has done just that. Her name is Shirley Pratt. She has a blog at http://humbletriathlete.blogspot.com/. Please go there and read her blog. I think that you will find it interesting.

Read the blog. Think about voting for her. I know that I did AND I am so behind her in this that I am telling YOU about it here!

If you decide to vote for Shirley (and you should!) then send an e-mail to
vote@evotri.com
You can get more information on this competition here.

We have the power of persuasive conversation here. It is a chance to use this circle of blogging friends to make a difference in one of our lives. Let's use it and get a sponsorship for Shirley!

Let’s put a fellow runner, competitor and blogger into the next round! Heck! Let's make her the winner!

IPod Nano+
I passed the 800 mile mark on my iPod Nano+ system today. Yes, it has forgiven me today and recorded today’s run!

And what is the matter with me? I seem to be posting a lot again! Hmmm...

7 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Charlie, I ought to hire you as my PR person! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. Can you believe I'm actually quite camera-shy and very much an introvert by nature? It's gotten easier to step out of my shell but it's still not easy. Easy would be continuing to do my own thing in relative obscurity ...

Whatever happens, I will still do my best to inspire, motivate and help my friends. Glad to have you back posting!!!

-- Shirley

3:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Keep on posting!

Yes, we MUST support Shirley. She is such an inspiraton.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

It was so hard to vote out of so many deserving folks!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Thanks for your comment on weights,etc.
Now it occurs to me that writing a post about my motivations.. might finally get me off the couch.
Recently I have read about amazing benefits.

9:03 AM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Charlie.. a double post.. wow! I just got my vote in.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Zen Runner said...

Is that 800 miles this week? You amaze me.

2:39 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Thank you everyone who voted for me. Unfortunately, I did not make it to round two but there are 2 more team slots and 2 more contests. There's also 7 folks who did make round 2 and so please vote for one of them. Go to www.evotri.com to find out how.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home