Saturday, February 21, 2009

What? February is Almost Over?


OK, they tell you at the start line that there are photographers all along the route so when you see one, Smile! At least act like you're having a good time.
AND... No matter how tired I got, it was a good time.

Running?

I am!

I ran 29.50 miles last week. I've increased the elevation of the treadmill from always running at 1.0 to 2.0 this month. Next week it will increase to 2.5. I did increase the long run to 7 miles.
Best 5K time last week was 28:41, and the best 10K was 58:40.
I am still slow, but not as slow!

Here are some figures:

January- - - - - - - February- - - - - -TOTAL
_____________________________________________
27 runs...............18 runs..............45 runs
9:32 pace............9:19 pace...........9:26 pace
18,705 calories....14,394 calories...33,099 calories
110.2 miles..........84.8 miles.........195.0 miles

Now... How is that for some (well... trivial) facts! They do show an improvement.

10K race and the half-marathon are but 3 months away!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to be nice and ready for the upcoming events!! Great picture.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Good to get the great picture and impressive report, Marathoner!
It cheers me to think spring.
(February over.)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

You're doing well and that's a nice photo!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Irish Blue said...

Charlie, you look great! You are a running machine my friend. Awesome and speedy!

7:40 AM  
Blogger nylisa said...

Not slow at all my friend! Vast improvement from what I can tell!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a handsome photo!
Great stats, also.
Isaac says hello!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Great picture Charlie!

You are rocking the running right now! Keep up the good work!

6:53 AM  
Blogger sidfaiwu said...

Your Feb is going better than mine, but I'm still keeping with it. Keep up the great work!

8:19 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

You look happy running! Interesting you have just one glove on. Is that your latest trick for running faster :-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Drusy said...

Great photo Charlie! You make it look easy! I think the goal races will make the training easier now that they're getting closer. Good luck!

8:28 AM  
Blogger peter said...

You've come so far so fast, Charlie. Very impressive!

6:24 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Very nice.. I love the picture!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home