Monday, September 15, 2008

Chicago - Less than a Month!

Wow! Time is ticking down. Less than a month to the 2008 running of the Chicago Marathon! There has been a lot of training by a lot of people getting ready for the event. Yep! I'm one of them!

Last week, I ran 39.17 miles. The week before that, I ran 50.82.

It seemed so easy running a fall back long run of 12 miles on Saturday morning. Next Saturday, I run my final really long distance of 20-22 miles.

Yesterday, I bought the shoes that I will run the marathon in. I bought some high tech socks also. I run in both on this morning's run.

As far as keeping up with the schedule, I've done everything except the cross training on the mountain bike. I've run instead.

I'm getting close to the event! (Maybe I am going to survive the training after all!)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My next long run is Saturday too. I can't believe the marathons are so close, but I am ready.

9:40 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Good luck with the long one and the new kicks. It is getting close and you are ready.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

You've done so well, Charlie!!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Exciting count-down. Sure do wish you a fun time.

Our Lewis & Clark Marathon last weekend got drowned out by the storm bands of Hurricane IKE.
Chicago should be safe from that!

7:23 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

So happy to hear your training has come along so well, Charlie!

12:12 PM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

You are doing so well. You're going to do great in Chicago.

You mentioned on my blog that you're a novice. I disagree. You've shared some great advice here. You certainly are a runner with something to share.

2:07 PM  
Blogger David said...

You certainly have plenty of miles logged and no complaints. You'll do really well.
Enjoy the crazy taper after Sunday.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Drusy said...

With all the miles you've been booking, Charlie, the race will be a breeze! Enjoy the day.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Alberto said...

lol, if you've survived the training you'll make it through the marathon! :-D Keep it up! Ciao!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

Wow...this is so exciting! You're doing so great on your training!

And, yes I hope to see a photo of the "3 stuffed dolls" you mentioned in your comment to my post!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home