Monday, August 25, 2008

Still on Schedule!

Wow! I cannot believe it! Saturday morning, I ran 19.48 miles! That is the farthest I have ever run at one time. The mileage increases to 5 and 8 mile runs this week!

The first 15 miles were at my training race pace (as slow as it is), but the last 4 miles slowed down significantly. It was an outdoors run in beautiful weather among a crowd of runners. It was great!

I thought I was doing and feeling pretty good, but when I rode the bike this morning, I felt it in the thighs at first. I was pretty good by the end of the ride.

So… Last week, I ran 40.26 miles. I rode the bike for 16 miles.

This weekend? I am headed out for a Labor Day Camping trip. I’ll run on both Friday and Saturday, but those should be easy at 5 and 13 miles respectively.

If you are running or training every weekend, check out the running group on What's a Few Miles Among Friends? Join this group of great virtual runners!

Have a good week and a great holiday everybody! Thanks for reading my blog!

11 Comments:

Blogger G said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I put a link there to your blog. Wow, I am heading toward long runs like your, but still have a hard time imagining what that long FEELS like. I've run 13.1 before, but there is a point that I guess it is hard to imagine longere distances and how you'll feel in them.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Road Warrior said...

Great job, Charlie. You're making Chicago easier and easier by the run!

2:03 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Wow. That is amazing. A 19.5 miler. Awesome job. Congrats.

2:19 PM  
Blogger David said...

Good for you with that long one. No matter how pitiful (or good) the training runs are I have learned they are like stock history- past performance is no guarantee of future returns. It helps but it's nothing to bank on. After yesterday, I am hoping THAT was nothing to take to the bank.

6:39 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Nice going. Have fun camping.

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. You are doing awesome. Glad everything is staying on track. Keep it up. Enjoy the camping trip this weekend.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Alysha said...

Enjoy the camping trip; I like how you now consider a 13 mile run "easy"!

9:08 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great job, Charlie! How wonderful to be able to run outdoors (I will in September!). Enjoy your camping trip.

1:14 PM  
Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

You're doing a great job. Thanks for sharing all your experiences.

I'm with Gordon.Running more than 13.1 is a mystery to me.I need to get out there and give it a shot.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Congrats on the long run - you're doing amazingly well!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Petraruns said...

great going out there Charlie - you're really getting there now! Fabulous mileage. Can't wait to meet you in 5 1/2 weeks!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home